Monday, May 13, 2013

Auditors' Colored Pencils

Fuck Colored Pencils.

Colored Pencils are the pledge pins of public accounting. They are the wooden rifles of boot camp. They are the tell tale sign of the rookie office bitch.

I'm currently sitting next to a staff who is relentlessly documenting a stack of work papers(read: adding marks in different colors, showing where numbers agree to each other across documents). Every three seconds, she slams down the red pencil, picks up the blue pencil, then the normal pencil. Its funny how tedious her work is, but its also sad, because that is my job too. The only difference is that I graduated to double checking her colored pencil marks, and using pdf editor instead of paper.

Thinking about color pencils and tick-marks makes me sick. Why am I doing this job? What the fuck am I doing here?

No comments:

Post a Comment